The Events page is visible to the staff of your company, and it can be used to create the basis of your operations in Hopoti, which typically is lessons. The calendar on the Events page displays all future and past lessons.
New events can be created by clicking the Add new event button, and current events can be easily edited by clicking the event to open the editing view, which is similar to the adding view. When saving edited events, you can select whether the changes and settings should apply to the selected lesson or to all recurring events. You can also delete an event in the editing view by clicking the Delete event button.
The following details of an event can be entered:
- Name of the event *
- Event description
- Date *
- Start time *
- End time *
- Recurring event?
- Multiple day event?
- Event type *
- Required skill level *
- Payment policy (Single lesson, Season, Stablecard) *
- Prices and tax rate *
- Maximum number of participants *
- Tags – the lesson can be purchased *
- Visibility (Public, Hidden) *
- Stablecard tags received from a cancellation
- Event calendar
Fields marked with an asterisk must be filled in.
Recurring events can be used to create events that are repeated daily, weekly, monthly or annually. This is an easy way of creating a weekly lesson for six months at a time, for instance. You can also set the recurrence of an event to end by indicating the number of events or the final date. Please note that, after creating the events, it is possible to reduce the number of occurrences, but not to increase it.
Lesson selling method indicates the purchasing methods available to clients. More than one selling method can be activated at the same time. Even if all selling methods are disabled, the lesson can still be reserved with a Stablecard already owned by a user.
- Single lesson allows purchasing single lessons at a certain price. Clients can also select more than one lesson of a recurring lesson.
- Season refers to booking all lessons of a recurring event. The client is only assigned to lessons with available places, and the price is always fixed. If the client cannot be assigned to a certain lesson, a full payment is still made, and the client is given a corresponding number of credits on their Stablecard. Companies can also accept paying the price of the season in instalments and collect registrations to the season with a booking fee. More information regarding these and other options is available in the Invoices support article.
- The Stablecard option enables purchasing the Stablecards defined in the company’s settings, of which the client can select the one they prefer.
Stablecards are prepaid cards that generally entitle to booking several events (e.g. a ten-time card). Stablecards are a convenient way of committing clients to their lessons and making booking a lesson easier by eliminating the need for an online payment process every time.
If you provide lessons with different prices or family discounts or need to set limits on the availability of an event, please read more about tags. Tags can be used to limit the applicability of cards for certain lessons. By default, all Stablecards can be used for all lessons, and cancelling an event allows the user to book a new lesson without any restrictions.
Click the lesson on the Events page to display the event editing view and the registered users by clicking the Attendees tab.
In this section, you can also add participants manually by clicking the Add client to the lesson button. When adding a client to the lesson, you can choose to not make a charge (payment performed by other means), charge the client’s Stablecard or create a payment plan for the client, i.e. create invoices in Hopoti. You can also remove clients from the lesson by clicking the X next to the client. You may choose to issue credits to the client’s Stablecard when removing the client due to a cancelled event.
Clients can be assigned horses in this view by clicking the Assign horse button. The horses’ information is displayed in the list, arranged with the most suitable horse at the top. However, in most cases, it is advisable to assign horses with the separate Horse Assign tool specifically designed for this, which also has a feature for printing out the daily lists.
The lesson notes field can be used to enter information regarding any possible accidents and other information that needs to be recorded. The programme field can be used to provide clients with information about the content of the lesson.